Saturday 24 October 2009

Balaclava Images




HI again,

I wish I had the time to update this blog more often. I thought that it would be good to put some of my older work here as well, better to put it in this point when the blog is only started recently,

These images are from last February, when I did a project with knitted balaclavas. I wanted to knit something what I can wear, but at the same time I came up with an idea with a surreal photography project. If you like these check out Leigh Bowery's work as well. The contextual side of these works is all about identity and creating identities which aren't necessary recognizable to any specific groups.

Thanks goes to Richard taking the pink mask images of me and
Thanks goes to Roshine for the beautiful and skillful face-painting and taking some of the images of me, and also for the fun afternoons we had with this project.

I hope you enjoy the images.

Regards

Valpuri

No comments:

Post a Comment