Friday 4 December 2009

Drawings





Recently I have been taking on drawing again. I think every artists should keep up with their drawing skills as it does fade away when its not practiced regularly. I noticed that my skills are a bit rusty after a long period of focusing on learning different mediums. It is weird how I have been studying art at the university for several years now and actually haven't practiced drawing. It seems that many artists have taken drawing back in to their practice. I have always enjoyed drawing and I am glad that I started it properly again. Many of the drawings I show in this post are based on things what I seem to "doodle" on the corner of notes in the lectures or other things I draw when I am just passing time. I have plans to print these on fabric with silk screen, pillow cases maybe,-saying this I have just revealed what my christmas presents to some people might be, but I hope they are so good that it wont matter that I spoiled the surprise!

Here I want to put a comment what my tutor said which was : "It is a little bit like knitting". It has been very time consuming and detailed, but that seems to be the thing I love doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment