Sunday 6 June 2010

The Knitted toilet.




So on friday I finally finished this project that I thought was impossible to make until the minute it was ready. This piece required 80 individually knitted tuck stitch tiles for the wall, 16 small knitted tiles for border and 32 knitted tiles for the floor. I also tailored and knitted a close fit garment for a toilet, inside and out. So from easter to last friday intensive knitting and sewing has finally paid off. I am so happy about the result. I have my presentation and feedback coming soon. I hope that doesn't crush my lovely upbeat mood.

The piece is not supposed to be a toilet showroom, but a glimpse of somebody else toilet. A knitted alternative reality. Hopefully these pictures don't ruin the surprise for those coming to see the show. There is a lot of other amazing and interesting work to see all over campus.

Interactive Arts Degree Show 2010
Friday 18th June
6.00 pm
Holden Gallery

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125641360784094&ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment