Sunday 6 June 2010

Open shop Project in Burnley: Knitted teacozies.
















For couple of weekends I have gone to Burnley to knit with Artyarn. In open shop project, various artists are doing workshops in Lancashire area including Burnley. Artyarn has curated a community art project the "Knitted Teacozies" for Towneley Hall. Recession has left many retail outlet spaces empty and Art's council has funded different projects to take place in these spaces.
More information about the Open shop Project on:

http://artyarn-openshopproject.blogspot.com/

I found it so relaxing to just knit something small, a bit domestic and quirky for a change. I decided to knit a strawberry teacosy. I made the pattern up as I was going along, but would be good to do it again and write down the instructions. All the tea cozies are fun and innovative and are going to be exhibited in Townley Hall 17th of June.

3 comments:

  1. hey valps,, great photos, especially like the 5th one down,, its a really good pic.

    the tea cosies will be exhibited on the 12th-13th june at towneley hall for the tea party event, and the blog is:

    www.artyarn-openshopproject.blogspot.com.

    ps, you left those square buttons behind, i'll keep them for you xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thats just what i need! Kyllä, pannumyssy mulle ja mun pannulle etenkin. Lähetätkö mulle moisen, sellaisen oikein värikkään ja hienon, jos laitan sulle maksua johonkin paikkaan?

    Tervesin herkkuakin serkumpi, Eveliinapa tietenki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your knitted teacosies. My favourite is numero 7.

    XX Yvonne. Now I'm going to write something in Irish to wind you up as I know you won't be able to read it. Is cailín álainn thú.

    ReplyDelete