Thursday 3 March 2011

Samples for Emma to see:

The punch card is made from the book KnitMaster Volume 4. It was funny though, as the pattern in the book, advices you to punch around the holes that you are actually meant to punch to create the pattern. Which means that the pattern card comes out negative. So I was a bit confused first, when the background color became the pattern color and the second color became the main color. If that made any sense to any of you. What I did, and will do in the future though, is make sure that when I knit with this punch card, I will change the main color in the 2. feeder and the decoration color in to the first feeder. And that way I get continuous pattern, instead of a stripe. Okay I have probably bored the mug out of you now.

These samples are made for a dress that I am designing for my friend Emma. She showed me a model of a dress she wanted, I made a mock up (that will be in the previous post with the test shots for the spring collection). And then we looked out some patterns together and Emma picked this funky retro one!! (Everything in that book is retro though, but this one is screaming retro, especially with the colors I used!) I hope the grey color gives the contemporary effect for it.






1 comment:

  1. Wow looks great feel like I might choose the brown now!

    ReplyDelete