Tuesday 19 October 2010

Artyarn Workshops: Fusion Knitting and Just So festival

I am couple of months late with this update, but this is one of the things I was up to in August. Artyarn is a Manchester based company, founded and run by an artist Rachael Elwell. She has literally invented a knitting dream, her career in knitting is admirable I must say. Anyhow, I work with Rachael, Artyarn, every now and then, and here is couple of the things Artyarn does (and believe you me, it is just tiny little part of all the projects there is):

We went to an event in Leeds, which was Girl Guides 100th year anniversary. I was thinking that it was just going to be small gathering of girl guides in some little park in Leeds. But no. It was an international festival, with 10 000 of them! It was a amazing. The project that Artyarn had set for the festival, was that everyone was to knit a square, and then bring it to the workshop where the knitted squares where to be sewn together. It was a tiring couple of days, as there was so many squares to choose from. There was literally so many knitted squares, that we couldn't have fitted them in Rachael's car, even if she was the only person in it. Im not even joking. The lovely thing that I learnt at the workshop was, how initiative, skillful and hard-working the girl guides were. They certainly weren't "all thumbs" (a saying that I recently learnt from..erm Desperate Housewives). They just took the needles and got on with it, even the littlest ones. I was very impressed.




Please go and see more images and more information about this project in: http://artyarn-fusionknitting.blogspot.com/ The images above belongs to the website: http://artyarn.blogspot.com/2010/08/fusion-festival-girl-guiding-centenary.html


Another workshop that I was helping with Artyarn on August, was JUST SO- festival. A festival for families. It was the loveliest weekend that we spent knitting by day, and having some beer and chinese food by night. Here is me showing a little'len how to knit:



Image from: http://artyarn.blogspot.com/2010/08/just-so-festival-2010.html

Please Also visit: http://www.justsofestival.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment