Wednesday 27 October 2010

Samples and upcoming portfolio

I am working on a new collection at the moment, still couple of finishing things for it to do. Here is just a little taste what garments is going to go into the portfolio. The Images are going to be taken all again, with models and such, if some of you wonders. I have never been good at waiting the end result, so I am just going to put these documentations on for you to have a little peek!

Here this one is a Lace Shrug. I am in two minds if it is going to have a little button at the front or not. I have a certain idea, what I want the button to look like and I am not sure if I have found it yet.




I kindly made Olivia to briefly model this for me.



This one is a cardigan in progress, the last piece for the portfolio. It is nearly ready,-all I really need to do for it now is to sew the seems and iron it. The first one is a sample piece, but after the sample I decided the colors differently. I really like how it is a traditional cardigan, but the colors makes it more contemporary. I am very in love with it and can't wait to see how it looks on a model.



This piece is another one of my favorites. It is one of the two machine knitted garments in this collection (the accessory is the other one), but at the same time it is a first garment ever that I have knitted with the machine. Yeah I know, I have knitted a whole toilet cubicle with the machine, and many samples, but this is the first garment. It is knitted with very thin yarn. When I was on the fair isle pattern on it, I was holding my breath so that it would go all smoothly. The material is 80 % lambs wool 20 % acrylic. So very soft.



Here is Consta modeling it for me in our studio. What a babe.



This last one again, I made Olivia wear. This garment is actually one of the older ones, but it ties the collection nicely together.


And here Olivia shows us all a dance move.



All of my garments in this collection are different from each other, but they all have something that connects them together. Nearly all of them have some combining colors. I have used black, pink and grey for all of them. Couple of them are Fair Isle patterned garments and couple of them are lace patterned garments. The sequin leggings will go with the collection, as the Fair Isle cardigan is grey as well. I have also made a sample piece of a accessory for the collection. I don't have a picture of it yet, but if you are really inpatient to see it, go to the Craft Centre in Manchester, it the second shop on the left, ground floor.

The proper photo shoot for the portfolio is going to happen in November, that is soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment