Tuesday 19 October 2010

Post Uni Blues


Dear All,

As you can see, I haven't updated my blog for months. That is so naughty of me. Luckily I have been around with some projects. After the degree show and all the hard work and the last squeezes for the University Deadlines, I think I, and all of us on the course, needed a break. I went to a really lovely holiday to Finland, and the summer there was absolutely amazing. Not a care in the world- for two weeks. After coming back to the rainy Manchester, I must admit my moods were pretty down. The step to the real world started immediately the next day after landing back to UK. Ringing to job centre and the council, Im not going to bore you with the details. The money that I really wanted to use for buying a camera (I am borrowing one at the moment, thank you Riku!), that would have helped me on my blogging and things, all went to rent and bills.

Well. The good news is, that I already knew where I was going to head next. I am currently renting a studio with 4 other very talented girls, all designers. We moved in on August. I am so lucky to work amongst these people, as they have more experience than me, and their advice might just get me closer to what I want.I already knew about the studio in May, so it made all panicking about the future all a bit easier. I was actually looking forward to just to knit what ever I wanted, setting out my own rules and no needing to justify every stitch. Just knitting with the flow. I mean, I did enjoy my final piece- the knitted toilet, but it took me so long to make, that I had about 10 ideas whilst I was making it, and was suffering as I wanted to finish that piece first.

I feel that I am busy at the moment, but I always have this feeling if I am just kidding myself, saying that I am busy, but actually just doing things much slower than I should. I truly hope that I keep up with the blog, and of course especially I hope that I keep up with my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment