Tuesday 19 October 2010

Teaching Knitting

Happy Mondays Everyone!

I am carrying on my list of all the updates I want to do for this blog. One of them is that I give knitting tutorials. Here is Liz, whom I teach to use her very own Brother Knitting Machine.



Liz has 3 knitting machines lying around and she wanted to be taught how to use them. Me and Liz met in Burnley, when I was making knitted tea cosies with Rachael and some other ladies. To remind you about this project http://purlpuri.blogspot.com/2010/06/open-shop-project-in-burnley-knitted.html

These are the things that I have taught Liz to do: Cast on (manual), plain knitting (jersey stitch), increasing and decreasing, open cast off and casting off manually so that the piece wont unravel. Last week we had a go with punch cards, hoping to be able to complete fair Isle, but the machine is old and seems to read the rows of knitting in her own terms, so hopefully we get it fixed soon. Liz also has couple of other knitting machines, which I am hoping to get set up with her.

Here is Liz's Brother Machine that we set up together.



If you would like to get a tutorial from me on a knitting machine, please e-mail me: rusakkokeitto@hotmail.com for enquiries. I
can help you to set up your own machine, teach the basics and design a simple garment with you to get you started. I am also going to start giving lessons in my own studio in the near future. I have experience in using single bed machines brands including Toyota, Silver Reed, Brother, Zippy Plus and KnitMaster.


Spread the word for me lovely people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment